Spencer Gunnerson conducts a litigation practice with an emphasis on commercial, real estate and title litigation. Spencer has successfully represented numerous large corporations, developers, title companies, banks, and individuals, both as plaintiffs and defendants. He has also actively participated in the litigation of wrongful death, product liability and appellate matters. Spencer has extensive experience in representing his clients in court and at mediation; and has successfully argued before the Nevada Supreme Court. As a result of his efforts to work at the highest levels of professional excellence, Spencer is the recipient of Martindale-Hubbell’s highest AV rating, and was previously named as a Super Lawyers Mountain States Rising Star and one of Nevada Business Magazine’s Best Up and Coming Attorneys.
As a graduate from the S.J. Quinney School of Law at the University of Utah, Spencer served as the Editor-in-Chief for the Journal of Law & Family Studies in 2002-2003. He is the author of two publications: Franco v. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: The Constitutionality of Clergy Malpractice Claims, JLFS, Vol. 4, No. 1; and Pitiful Plaintiffs: Child Welfare Litigation and Federal Courts, JLFS, Vol. 4, No. 2.
In addition to practicing law, Spencer enjoys spending time with his family and serving in his church and in the community. In 2013, he served as the President of the Governing Board for a local charter school and seeks to be an active participant in education. Spencer is a member of the Clark County and Nevada Bar Associations, as well as the Nevada Justice Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Title Litigation
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- The S.J. Quinney College of Law at The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah
- J.D. - 2003
- Brigham Young University
- B.A. - 1999
- Author: Franco v. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: The Constitutionality of Clergy Malpractice Claims, JLFS, Vol. 4, No. 1
- Author: Pitiful Plaintiffs: Child Welfare Litigation and Federal Courts, JLFS, Vol. 4, No. 2
Honors and Awards
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers, Mountain States Rising Stars
- Best Up and Coming Attorneys, Nevada Business Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Nevada
- Clark County Bar Association, Member
- Nevada Justice Association, Member
- Nevada Bar Association, Member